GLASS TUBES AND CYLINDERS
Hilgenberg supplies glass tubes and cylinders in various types of glass – either in full lengths or cut to size with subsequent hot or cold working. We also manufacture to customer specifications and in practically any length between 1 and 2000 mm. We also make precision glass tubes and cylinders with calibrated internal diameters and cylindrically ground outer surfaces – also technically polished on request. Click here for more information.
Listed below are the types of glass we process as standard. On request, we will be happy to provide other types of glass for your products. Alternatively, we can also process special glass supplied by our customers.
- Soda glass (lime-soda glass)
- Borosilicate glass 3.3
- Neutral clear, and amber glass
- Aluminosilicate glass (halogen glass)
- Lead glass
- Quartz glass
- Sealing glasses
- Coloured glass
The following shapes are possible:
The tubes can be cut to length using one of the following methods, each of which creates a specific surface image:
- Score breaking sharp-edged, not 100% flat, cut surface is perfectly clear
- Thermal shock breaking: sharp-edged, not 100% flat, cut surface is perfectly clear
- Sawing: blunt, not 100% plane parallel, cut surface is matt, slight edge serrations are possible
- Abrasive cutting: blunt, cut surface is plane parallel and matt, practically no edge flaking
After cutting to length, we can carry out further processing steps. Some of the possibilities are:
- Rounding or flame burnishing the edges
- Chamfering the inner and outer edges
- Dulling the surface (sand blasting)
- Hot-shaping the ends
- Drilling or expanding the cylinder ends
Request your glass tubes & cylinders easily in our Online-Catalog!
Ask for specific products with individual dimensions! Use our contact form to raise your request!